The Clinical Champion Network is based at The Royal Women’s Hospital, Parkville and led by Dr Paddy Moore, Head of Unit Abortion and Contraception Service and Cath Hannon, Project Co-ordinator. The Royal Women’s Hospital is an established provider of abortion and contraception direct services and is able to offer this experience to the primary and secondary sectors. The project is state-wide and has the flexibility to respond to the needs of individuals and organisations through support, advice and mentoring.
The Clinical Champion Network can:
- Provide secondary consultation on clinical management of abortion and LARC,
- Provide on-site training in IUD or Implanon insertion to eligible clinicians,
- Facilitate access to training opportunities at the IUD insertion clinic at The Royal Women’s Hospital,
- Support and advise on organisational level change strategies to enable the routine provision of abortion and LARC direct service in primary care and publically funded hospitals,
- Assist in the development and/or revision of evidence based clinical practice policies and procedures.
The Clinical Champion Network contacts are: